Bioshock Infinite has now sold 9000 more copies than its predecessor, Bioshock 2, and it currently occupies the number one spot on the UK sales charts. Despite this, it’s still only the second highest launch title of 2013, with Crystal Dynamics commercial juggernaut Tomb Raider having run at four consecutive weeks in the top two.
After a busy March period, Maxis’ city builder Sim City drops from first to second, while Sports Interactive’s Football Manager 2013 remains in the top five even after a late 2012 release. Unsurprisingly, EA own five of the current top ten, four of which are all part of The Sims 3 release.
The Top 10 (Week ending 30th March) are:
1. Bioshock Infinite (Irrational Games, 2K Games)
2. Sim City (Maxis, EA)
3. The Sims 3: University Life (Sims Studio, EA)
4. Football Manager 2013 (Sports Interactive, SEGA)
5. The Sims 3 (Sims Studio, EA)
6. Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzard)
7. Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix)
8. The Sims 3: Seasons (Sims Studio, EA)
9. The Sims 3: Supernatural (Sims Studio, EA)
10. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzard)