For a game released back in 2012, Borderlands 2 has had a pretty good run regarding DLC releases. Gearbox have finally called it a day though, with the announcement that the next piece of DLC will be the last.
Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax will be released on 15th April, priced at $2.99. It will be the fifth Headhunter DLC, taking place on an abandoned island resort.
The premise is that Sir Hammerlock has been kidnapped, with the vault hunters tasked with finding him. The DLC will culminate in a battle with a final raid boss.
Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax tops off an impressive DLC roster for Borderlands 2, which has included four campaign expansions, two new classes and two upgrade packs that raised the level cap. Borderlands 2 is also getting a Vita release in Spring.
Iconic horror serial killer Michael Myers from the Halloween series will become a playable character in Call of Duty: Ghosts latest DLC titled Onslaught.
Aside from the inclusion of an axe-wielding, white-washed William Shatner mask wearing murderer, Onslaught will feature new Extinction content, fresh maps as well as the new Maverick rifle.
Players will be able to take on the role of Myers in one of the new Fog map where you’ll be able to sneak around and hack hapless victims with an axe.
There are currently four DLC packs planned: Onslaught, Devastation, Invasion and Nemesis. Interestingly enough, if you take the first letters in each title it will spell ODIN whom is the father of Thor in Norse mythology and is also associated with war, battle and victory.
Onslaught is due to launch on January 28 on Xbox One while other platforms will be getting it at a later date. Season Pass owners will be receiving Onslaught for free.
Infinity Ward has teased us all with a short video clip, announcing that the next downloadable content for CoD: Ghosts will be released later this month on Xbox, the date for other platforms have not yet been announced.
Call of Duty:Ghosts are topping lists all over the world, at least when it comes to copies sold. Despite the fact that the game looks much like all other recent CoD-titles, the number of people buying it seem endless.
Yesterday, Infinity Ward announced on Twitter that they now have a release date for their DLC Onslaught. Along with the announcement, they included a <10 seconds long video, showing an axe-wielding man running around in the woods while the music from the movie ‘Halloween’ is being played.
Twitter-user @SeriousSix2010 found a poster at GameStop, showing all the new features included in the DLC. Apparently, four new maps will be available, as well as two new weapons. The first episode of the new Extinction mode, the four-player ‘alien-slaying-mode’ will also be included in the DLC.
Footage by Twitter-user @SeriousSix2010
Recently, a new trailer including the Thor, the ‘God of Thunder’ made its way to the internet. The DLC ‘Asgaard Character Pack’ includes 8 new characters known from the movie Thor: The Dark World.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes was released on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, WiiU and PC this fall, the game received positive reviews from a majority of the critics and I personally loved the game. It’s like a scheduled activity whenever my 8 year old brother-in-law comes to visit, and I don’t mind, as long as I get to be Spiderman of course.
The game already has a very impressive roster of Super Heroes, but if you want some new faces, you can purchase the “Asgaard Character Pack.”Doing so gives you eight new characters from the movie Thor: The Dark World;
The new characters you get from the DLC are ; The good guys, Odin, Sif, Hogun, Volstagg, Fandral, Jane Foster and the evil guys Malekith and Kurse. The DLC is available for $1.99.
If you’re not only a gamer, but also a guitar or bass player, you’ve most likely heard of Ubisoft’s Rocksmith games. Now, five songs from the British rock group Muse are available as DLC.
The main focus of the Rocksmith games is to allow the players to plug in any electric guitar or bass and learn to play the songs that are in the game. The game features songs by some of the most known rockers in the world, including Alice Cooper, Avenged Sevenfold, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Slayer and The Rolling Stones.
Now, Ubisoft has released five new songs by Muse as DLC for their game. The songs can be purchased one by one for $2.99 or all five songs for $11.99.
The songs available are ”Supermassive Black Hole”, “Stockholm Syndrome”, “Time Is Running Out”, “Hysteria” and “Muscle Museum.”
Other DLC packs available to purchase are “The Smashing Pumpkins”, “Disturbed” and “Alice in Chains.”
Rock on people!
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW! developed by WayForward Technologies gets three new playable characters for the Xbox and Playstation versions of the game today.
The game is based on the animated television series Adventure Time and was released for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC in November, as well as on WiiU and Nintedo 3DS about a week ago.
Now, the developers are releasing a DLC for the game. Letting people buy three new characters for the PS and Xbox versions of the game. The new characters are the King of Mars, Gunter and Peppermint Butler, the last one is already available for PC users on Steam though. But the King of Mars and Gunter will be coming to PC in January.
Even though that Christmas is upon us, the new characters will not be free of charge. Instead they will cost $1.99 a piece.
For more information about the game, watch PCGMedia’s review of the game here.
The map names for Battlefield 4’s very first DLC China Rising have been reportedly leaked in the form of Latin American marketing material.
The leak was posted by a Battlelog community moderator on Twitter and show the names of the maps: Taklamakan, Altai Range, Guilin Peaks, and Dragon Pass.
There will also be 5 new guns, new vehicles and high-tech equipment, 10 new missions. Those with premium Battlefield 4 memberships will also have early access 2 weeks prior to everyone else.
MP1st also went on to say that the trophy list for China Rising on PS3 and PS4 have been leaked and reveal the return of Air Superiority mode and quad bikes:
Mini Kamikaze – Kill an enemy with the SUAV
New Superpower – Complete all China Rising Assignments
Fledging – Play a round of Air Superiority
2 Wheels – Get a kill with the Dirtbike
Death from Above – Get a kill with the bomber
Indie studio Red Barrels has announced that the latest DLC for Outlast will feature a brand spankin’ new protagonist to venture through the lunatic-infested, mental asylum that is Mount Massive.
The DLC is still currently in development but the studio assures more details on Halloween.
If you haven’t picked up Outlast yet, we highly suggested you do. Check out our review here.
The latest update of Surgeon Simulator 2013 will send professional doctor Nigel Burke and his hapless patients into space.
Players will now be able to perform complex surgeries in the comfort of a zero-gravity room overlooking an endless void where drills and organs may wander. The update also includes “Top Secret World-Stopping Secret Content,” what that is is for you to find out yourself. However, Bossa did explain that it can be acccessed through an alternate reality game called Codename: Trisha.
The DLC comes free for those who already own Surgeon Simulator 2013. Otherwise, the game costs $9.99 on Steam
Rockstar has posted an official update regarding the DLC that will come with GTA V’s Special and Collector’s editions:
- Regardless of which version you’ve chosen, your local Ammu-Nation will always be stocked with a pair of special firearms at no additional cost that also have their own unique customization options, skins and attachments – the .50 Caliber Pistol and the Bullpup Shotgun. You’ll also have access to the Hammer, which acts as a brutal melee weapon.
Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More
- When visiting any shops around Los Santos and Blaine County, Michael, Franklin and Trevor will receive a special 20% discount along with access to special items either in their personal wardrobes or from stores. Each character will receive 1 outfit each, one article of clothing – shirt, hoodie and jacket – each, a special haircut, facial hair look and tattoo.
Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online – Collector’s Edition only
- GTA Online introduces a new spin on traditional character creation with the hereditary-based creation system. Select your character’s appearance by choosing your parent’s heritage, then use the gene dominance meter to dial-in which parent your appearance favors more. Additionally, you’ll customize your character’s daily activities – everything from family time to illegal work and sports to couch potato hours all have an impact on your character’s appearance and skill set and you can always rank up your skill stats more via gameplay. As part of the Collector’s Edition package, you’ll get Niko Bellic, along with both Claude and Misty from Grand Theft Auto III to use as parent options within the character creation system.
Special Ability Boost
- Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a their own unique Special Ability, which can be activated once each of them fills up the Special Ability bar based on various actions. Michael is an expert marksman – his Special Ability slows down time in a gunfight allowing him to pick off his targets with greater ease. Franklin is a skilled driver with sharp reflexes – his Special Ability lets him slow down time while driving any road-based vehicle, allowing him to quickly navigate through traffic with ease and take corners at high speeds. Trevor is a drug-addled sociopath with a short fuse – his Special Ability sends him into a rage, causing double damage to enemies while only taking half as much damage himself when hit. With the boost that’s included in both the Special and Collector’s Editions, the Special Ability bar will generate 25% faster.
Stunt Plane Trials
- Take in Los Santos and Blaine County at breakneck speeds in the Grand Theft Auto V Stunt Plane Trials. In five thrilling and unique challenges, you’ll zip through mountains, deserts, oceans, and cities as you navigate through a maze of checkpoints, each placed to push your Stunt Plane to the limit. Completing each Trial will improve the piloting skill of your character. Compare your times with friends and vie for the top spot on the leaderboard.
Unique Vehicles and Garage Property – Collector’s Edition only
- The Collector’s Edition also features an exclusive garage to store custom vehicles, that comes stocked with the CarbonRS sports bike and the Hotknife – an open frame 1930’s style hotrod. In Grand Theft Auto Online your garage and the high-end Khamelion electric car, which is specific to GTA Online, are both purchased through in-game websites accessed through your Online character’s cell phone.
The Collector’s Edition is still available for pre-order at GameStop for $149.99. The Special Edition, on the other hand, costs $79.99.
Grand Theft Auto V is due to launch on September 17 for PS3 and Xbox 360.